Cats vs Dogs - Who wins in your area?
Posted on 30 October, 2017
Sainsbury's Bank were interested to find out what the nation’s favourite pet really is and as predicted, we’re a country barking mad for dogs.
In turn, Sainsbury's Bank commissioned Opinium Research to survey 4,008 nationally representative UK adults aged 18+ between 25th April - 5th May 2017 and have created a map of Britain, highlighting the most popular areas for cat and dog breeds alike.
- 19% of UK households have a dog....
- 19% of UK households have a cat.
- 8% of UK households have both a cat and a dog.
- Newcastle is the city with the highest level of dog ownership in the UK - 41% of households have a dog.
- Brighton is the city with the lowest level of dog ownership in the UK - 14% of households have a dog.
- Norwich has the highest level of cat ownership in the UK - 44% of households have a cat.
To find out more, please click on the image or link below.