Tips for cat proofing your Christmas tree
Posted on 21 December, 2015
We all love a beautifully decorated Christmas tree – and that includes our feline friends! Here are some tips for cat proofing your Christmas tree:
- Choose a strong, stable base for your tree to keep it in place if it gets knocked.
- Wrap tin foil around the base of the tree – cats don’t like the feel of this and it will put them off climbing.
- Don’t place the tree near ‘launchpads’ such as furniture or shelves.
- Keep your cat out of the room while you decorate the tree.
- Place delicate or particularly precious ornaments on the top two-thirds of the tree.
- Be careful with electrical wires and lighting – tape down excess wire and try to keep it out of cats reach.
- If all else fails, keep a water spray close at hand – a small light spray accompanied by a firm ‘no’ should give them the idea!
For more information on having a Homesitter look after your cat during the holidays, please click here.